The Printmaking Center of New Jersey
SPRING & SUMMER 2016 CLASSES now available!
THIS WEEK’S FEATURED CLASS:
Using contemporary silkscreen methods, artists will approach printing through direct and photographic means, creating a final print through a combination of images and layered colors. Artists will familiarize themselves with various image-making and inking techniques, and learn the steps needed to create a small edition of silkscreen prints using water-based inks. This technique-driven class is a perfect starting point for artists wanting to print paper goods and stationery, to artists wanting to explore art-making in new ways.
No experience necessary.
Deadline extended till May 6th
Learning how to work your new digital camera properly can make all the difference in the world, whether you just want to have fun with vacation photos or step up your work for exhibition. This beginning workshop for adults and mature teens will take your fear out of technology and teach you basic digital camera controls and how they relate to lighting, correct exposure, proper color and composition.
Deadline to sign up is May 6th
A Coalition of Latino Printmaking Studios in the USA
Reception & Artist’s Talk: Sat April 23rd, 5-7 pm
CALL TO ACTION – 8 Things You Can Do to Support PCNJ
- Upgrade Your Membership – Members can support PCNJ by increasing their annual membership dues to become a Sustainer for a contribution of $100. You will receive this presentation print by Dennis Murray and our sincere gratitude.
- Join the Volunteer Core – Created to promote participation in a wide array of volunteering opportunities, the PCNJ Volunteer Core has opportunities to suit every skill level and time constraint. Join the Core!
- Become a Keyholder – Join PCNJ’s community of printmakers who enjoy full 24/7 access to the studios. Keyholder fees are an affordable rate of $650 per year, which is less than $2 per day!
- Support Combat Paper NJ – This ground-breaking program is reaching veterans throughout New Jersey and beyond. Make a sustaining donation to underwrite its powerful impact on veterans.
- Attend PCNJ Benefit Events – Please join us as we celebrate printmaking at an annual event that directly supports PCNJ’s operating expenses: A Midsummer Night and our annual fall benefit dinner and silent auction.
- Leave PCNJ a Bequest – Setting a gift to PCNJ aside in your Will ensures that the next generation of printmakers will have the same quality services and programs that you have treasured.
- Studio Naming Opportunities – This summer, PCNJ begins a three phase renovation project to upgrade our facility in Branchburg. As each phase is completed PCNJ will create an opportunity to “name” each studio – Papermaking, Silkscreen, Digital Printing, Letterpress, Etching and Lithography Studios. Naming opportunities will begin at $5,000.
- Join the Board – Serving on the PCNJ Board of Directors is a fulfilling way to give back to your community of printmakers. See details about our current members and how to get involved here.