The Printmaking Center of New Jersey
NEW website launching on June 1st!
THIS WEEK’S FEATURED CLASS:
Learn the basics of sheet-making and explore all the possibilities of pulp! Using simple materials and found objects, artists will create work through image-making techniques: blow-outs, inclusions, double-couching, shaped deckles, small-batch pigmenting for painting and wet-process collage. Artists are encouraged to bring papers, objects and materials that have minimal dimension and can be added to their work. We will be working with semi-transparent and opaque fibers, and discuss the practical applications for each. All levels welcome, no experience necessary.
Deadline to sign up is June 2nd
June 25th-July 9th, 2016
Entry Deadline: June 1st, 2016
Jurors: Eileen Foti and Sandra C Fernández
View details here
9 IN HAND PRESS: Inaugural Print Exchange Exhibition
June 1st- June 15th @ PCNJ
9 IN HAND PRESS is proud to exhibit our first annual international print exchange! Engaging artists from all around the globe, this exchange explores printmaking techniques through the eyes and hands of artists from many cultures. The entire suite will be exhibited at The Printmaking Center of New Jersey from June 1st until the 15th, and then will travel the country to university, gallery and pop-up exhibition spaces. 9 IN HAND PRESS is looking forward to hosting our second exchange this Fall and further engaging the worldwide community of printmakers!
CALL TO ACTION – 10 Things You Can Do to Support PCNJ
- Upgrade Your Membership – Members can support PCNJ by increasing their annual membership dues to become a Sustainer for a contribution of $100. You will receive this presentation print by Dennis Murray and our sincere gratitude.
- Join the Volunteer Core – Created to promote participation in a wide array of volunteering opportunities, the PCNJ Volunteer Core has opportunities to suit every skill level and time constraint. Join the Core!
- Become a Keyholder – Join PCNJ’s community of printmakers who enjoy full 24/7 access to the studios. Keyholder fees are an affordable rate of $650 per year, which is less than $2 per day!
Shop on Amazon Smile and select PCNJ as your charity of choice. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases. Same great prices, with a terrific benefit to us!
Get an iGive.com account: set PCNJ as your charity of choice- whenever you use member businesses, a portion of your purchase is donated to us!
- Join the Board – Serving on the PCNJ Board of Directors is a fulfilling way to give back to your community of printmakers. See details about our current members and how to get involved here.
- Attend PCNJ Benefit Events – Please join us as we celebrate printmaking at two annual events. Both directly support PCNJ’s operating expenses. A Midsummer’s Night with Diana Gonzalez Gandolfi, Saturday, July 18, 7 to 10pm. E-Invitations will be sent out shortly. SAVE THE DATE for our annual Fall Benefit on Saturday, November 14, 6 to 10pm, at the Oldwick Firehouse in Oldwick, NJ.
- Leave PCNJ A Bequest – Setting a gift to PCNJ aside in your Will ensures that the next generation of printmakers will have the same quality services and programs that you have treasured.
- Studio Naming Opportunities – This summer, PCNJ begins a three phase renovation project to upgrade our facility in Branchburg. As each phase is completed PCNJ will create an opportunity to “name” each studio – Papermaking, Silkscreen, Digital Printing, Letterpress, Etching and Lithography Studios. Naming opportunities will begin at $5,000.
- Support Combat Paper NJ – This ground-breaking program is reaching veterans throughout New Jersey and beyond. Make a sustaining donation to underwrite its powerful impact on veterans.